Verse Of The Week

"Let us come before his person with thanksgiving; Let us with melodies shout in triumph to him. For Jehovah is a great God and a great King over all other gods...
O come in, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before Jehovah our Maker."
-Psalms 95:2-3,6

Monday, June 28, 2010

"Look! How good and how pleasant it is...

...for brothers to dwell in unity!"-Psalms 133:1


     Wow! I am so amazed and in awe of how much Jehovah loves his servants and showers us with knowledge and wisdom.  He is certainly preparing us for the Great Tribulation by instructing us and warning us of what to expect.  I am determined to make a thorough self-examination of my worship to Him looking for defects and weaknesses that I can correct with His help and guidance.  This weekend was the very anticipated District Convention and it exceeded my expectations.  I have been fed an exquisite spiritual meal and want to go back again and again!
     Thankfully, with the help of a tiny Mp3 flash player, I was able to record almost the entire Convention on audio.  Therefore, at my leisure I will be returning for more tasty tidbits.  Technology can be such a blessing!
     Unfortunately, I am unable to share every morsel with you my readers nor any of the secret recipes you will just have to attend for yourselves.  However, I can and  will share a few of  my experiences and of course some pictures I took of some of my friends before and at the event. Bon Appetit!
     The convention for myself and others began on Thursday morning.  Every year we all have an opportunity to volunteer if our circumstances allow by helping get the facility ready.  For some this means setting up the stage and the sound system, for others it means  sweeping and cleaning the facility including all the bathrooms and main auditorium.  This opportunity is also available during the event and immediately after the event on Sunday afternoon.  I am happy to report that my circumstances allowed me to willingly and joyfully serve my brothers and sisters by taking part of this wonderful and enjoyable volunteer work.  Jesus himself said 'There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.'-Acts 20:35.  If your own circumstances permit you to participate by all means please do.  Here is a few pictures I took as you can see there is no age limit as long as you have the desire and ability.

Additionally, the convention allows ample opportunity to visit with friends from other congregations especially during lunch break.  I really enjoy having lunch out on the lawn it reminds me of the promise of the paradise earth.  All of us are instructed to bring a small cooler with food for our family, I am pleased to find that our dear brothers are always willing to share with those who for whatever reason didn't pack a lunch.  This year the weather cooperated with us and we had a great time visiting with one another.  See for your self.

 

Every year we have some who publicly dedicate their lives to Jehovah by water baptism.  They have been taught Jehovah's standards and His purpose for mankind by having a personal  Bible study with one of Jehovah's Witnesses.  They exercise faith in the ransom sacrifice of our dear lord Jesus Christ by repenting of their sins and by participating in the preaching of God's Kingdom.  I am thrilled that we had more than forty get baptised this year, one from our very own congregation.  He was so happy and his mother was overwelmed with joy, all of us were, especially our heavenly Father Jehovah.  I was able to take pictures of this happy and memorable event. 
"Welcome to the worldwide brotherhood !"


Jehovah is inviting all people to his earthly organization, he desires all to draw close to Him while He can yet be found.   When we accept his invitation He continues to  help us remain close to Him by providing timely reminders and a wealth of instruction for he is our Grand Instructor! and Provider of Escape!  May we listen, obey, and be blessed!


1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you mom! I miss you and love you a lot.

    Jah Bless.

    GLR

    ReplyDelete